Building on existing initiatives including the 3-1-1 customer service experience and Light Rail Transit network, Mayor Jim Watson and the City of Ottawa requested assistance in determining how best to stimulate the redevelopment of under-utilized properties, encourage market research to encourage new residents to live and work in these areas, and guide public investments to accommodate the needs of current demographics and anticipated growth in population in the nation's capital.The IBM team worked with the city to develop a targeted marketing and communications strategy to support the city's plan to transform communities through transit-oriented development (TOD). Key recommendations included a marketing segmentation and messaging strategy with key constituents, and streamlined communications to engage stakeholders and accelerate the end-to-end development process.
Jim Watson Jim Watson
- Global Content Manager, Industry Solutions Lab, IBM US
- Executive IT Architect, IBM United Arab Emirates
- Eastern US Business Unit Executive, IBM US
- CIO, IBM Canada
- Government Market Segment Manager, IBM US
- Global Marketing Manager, Social Business in Government, IBM US