In recognition of the city's tremendous cultural heritage and historical importance, Mayor Daisaku Kadokawa asked IBM to help realize his vision for Kyoto to become a walkable city. With a population of 1.5 million and roads unchanged for centuries, traffic is a significant problem in many areas, so the city aims to optimize multiple forms of transportation infrastructure to decrease congestion and improve health outcomes.
Mayor of Kyoto, Japan
- Partner, Industrial Sector, IBM India
- Advisory Researcher, IBM Japan
- Business Development Executive, Smarter Cities, IBM Japan
- Vice President, Solution and Technical Sales, IBM US
- Software Technical Sales, Client Technical Specialist, IBM Japan
- President, IBM Academy of Technology & Distinguished Engineer, IBM UK