Khon Kaen, Thailand
The Province and City of Khon Kaen are very well placed for significant economic growth. The City population, urbanization, political climate, willingness to change and enforce rules, and planned Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economic Community (AEC) all help the City position itself to be the center of development in Thailand’s northeastern region. As identified by Somsak Suwansujarit, Governor of Khon Kaen Province, the SCC team worked to deliver recommendations for the City around two areas smarter traffic and smarter analytics. The team focused on Smarter Traffic looked at automating traffic management, developing a Traffic Smart Dashboard, and integrating the public Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system into Khon Kaen provincial public transportation. The Smarter Analytics portion focused on what it would take to advance the Khon Kaen University (KKU) analytics capability in order to form a “center of excellence” within the region.
Dr. Greg Kelaart-Courtney
- Value Creation Team, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Director, IA Delegated Enterprise Unit, & Client Director, Telefonica UK
- Director Intellectual Property (IP) Strategy IBM Research
- Global Strategy and Sales Transformation IBM Sales and Distribution
- Director, PureFlex and System x FW and Tools Development, IBM Systems and Technology Group