The City of Chennai is challenged by inefficient tax collection and a lack of sufficient resources to oversee and manage the collection process. This includes both nonpaying and under-assessed individuals, households and institutions. In 2011 the city more than doubled in size through annexation which is compounding the issue. Mayor Saidai Duraisamy has asked IBM to provide recommendations on methods to make the city's tax collection more effective and efficient.
Ravi S. Arunachalam
- Senior Certified Executive IT Architect, Global Government Center of Competency, IBM India
- Technical Solutions Manager, Application Management Services (AMS), IBM Sweden
- Director, IBM PartnerWorld, Systems, IBM US
- Solution Leader, Smarter Transportation, IBM India
Barbara L. Wherry-Skog
- Project Manager & Senior Managing Consultant, Strategy and Analytics, Public Sector, IBM US